Call for Nominations: Volunteer Board Members
The Ontario Rett Syndrome Association (O.R.S.A.) is pleased to announce an open call for nominations for volunteer board members within Canada. We are seeking dedicated individuals with a passion for making a difference in the lives of individuals and families affected by Rett syndrome. Join us in our mission to provide support, advocacy, and resources to the Rett syndrome community across Ontario and Canada.
O.R.S.A. is a non-profit organization committed to improving the lives of individuals affected by Rett syndrome. We work tirelessly to raise awareness about the disorder, provide educational resources to families and professionals, advocate for research funding, and foster a supportive community for individuals with Rett syndrome and their families.
Role Description: As a volunteer board member, you will play a crucial role in shaping the direction of O.R.S.A. and driving our initiatives forward. We are specifically seeking individuals with expertise in the following areas:
- Communications: Help enhance O.R.S.A.’s public image, develop communication strategies, and manage media relations.
- Social Media: Create engaging social media content, manage platforms, and foster online community engagement.
- Research: Contribute to our efforts in promoting and funding Rett syndrome research initiatives.
- Education: Assist in developing educational materials, organizing workshops/conferences, and providing resources to families and professionals.
- Fundraising: Help plan and execute fundraising events, identify potential sponsors, and secure donations for O.R.S.A. programs and services.
- Treasurer oversees the financial operations of the Ontario Rett Syndrome Association (ORSA), ensuring accuracy, transparency, and compliance with financial regulations. Responsibilities include managing transactions, preparing financial reports, and providing guidance on budgeting and fundraising.
- Secretary maintains official records and facilitates efficient board meetings for the Ontario Rett Syndrome Association (ORSA). Responsibilities include preparing agendas, taking minutes, managing correspondence, and ensuring legal compliance.
- Outreach: Connect with families, increase membership, help navigate the system.
- A passion for supporting individuals and families affected by Rett syndrome.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in the desired area of focus (as mentioned above).
- Willingness to commit to the responsibilities and time requirements of a board member.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse team.
- Availability to connect remotely at least once a month virtually for board meetings.
- Availability to attend in-person events.
- Ability to commit to a 2 year term.
How to Nominate: To nominate yourself or someone else for a board position, please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cover letter outlining your interest in serving on the board and highlighting relevant experience.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) detailing your qualifications and accomplishments.
Selection Process: Once the nomination period has closed, the O.R.S.A. board will review all submissions and select candidates for interviews. Final board members will be chosen based on their qualifications, commitment, and alignment with O.R.S.A.’s mission and values.
Join us in making a difference in the lives of individuals and families affected by Rett syndrome. By serving on the O.R.S.A. board, you will have the opportunity to contribute your skills and expertise to meaningful initiatives, and help shape the future of our organization.
We look forward to receiving your nominations and welcoming passionate individuals to join our dedicated team.