Thank you for your support of the Ontario Rett Syndrome Association (O.R.S.A.) in 2016. It was a year of amazing accomplishments that could not have happened without your support.
In 2016, O.R.S.A. had several major accomplishments, all of which contribute towards an effort to ensure that children and adults with Rett syndrome are enabled to achieve their full potential and enjoy the highest quality of life within their community.
* Hosted the Rising Towards Tomorrow Conference in Ottawa with over 122 attendees traveling from 4 provinces to participate in the bi-annual educational event.
* Board of Directors has unanimously approved the funding of two $25,000 Research Grants from The Hope Fund in 2016. The first $25,000 grant was awarded to Dr. James Eubanks from Toronto Western Hospital with and the second $25,000 grant was awarded to Dr Mojgan Rastegar from the University of Manitoba.
* Board of Directors unanimously approved the largest research grant in the history of Canadian Rett Associations. We were very excited to announce that The Hope Fund will be releasing a $100,000 research grant in 2017.
* Coordinated Rett Syndrome Awareness Day in Canada on October 29. Buildings and homes across the country were lit purple for the night in solidarity.
* Continue to maintain and support the Canadian Rett Syndrome Registry. This registry is important to families across Canada as future drug trials for Rett syndrome can only be implemented in Canada through an approved registry.
* Continued to make annual financial contributions towards the three Rett Syndrome Clinics in Ontario in order for them to continue to support the individuals living with Rett syndrome.
None of these accomplishments would have been possible without the efforts the volunteer Board of Directors at O.R.S.A. and your continued partnership with us. We truly appreciate your love and support.
If you would like to make a year end donation by December 31, 2016, here are 2 ways for you to give:
1. MAIL- Please make cheques payable to Ontario Rett Syndrome Association and mail to (postmarked by 12/31/2014): P.O. Box 50030 London, ON N6A 6H8