O.R.S.A. is looking for new board members & committee members
The Ontario Rett Syndrome Association (O.R.S.A.) is a volunteer, not-for-profit charity for parents, caregivers, researchers, medical professionals and other interested support agencies and individuals. Its Board of Directors is comprised of parents and caring citizens. O.R.S.A. provides information through a website, a newsletter and conferences. Support is provided to families regionally. The association funds Canadian research projects, three Rett Syndrome Clinics, a Resource Centre and the Canadian Rett Syndrome Registry. O.R.S.A. advocates to the needs of individuals with Rett syndrome and their families provincially and nationally.
What is expected of an O.R.S.A. board member?
O.R.S.A. board is a working board. As such, it requires its members to commit to a high level of time commitment. We are looking for individuals who are willing and able to make the following commitments:
* Be committed to O.R.S.A. mission, which is to ensure that children and adults with Rett Syndrome are enabled to achieve their full potential and enjoy the highest quality of life within their community.
* Be a member in good standing of O.R.S.A.
* Serve for a two-year term (up to 4 consecutive terms)
* Attend 5 regular board meetings a year, an annual general meeting, one two-day conference every two years and one planning weekend board retreat every two years
* Chair a board committee
* Take part in signature fundraising events at minimum
* Support O.R.S.A. financially
Required Skill (at least one of the following):
* Finance/Accounting (immediate requirement)
* Event Planning
* Government Relations (knowing inner workings)
* Public /Media Relations
Skills in the following areas would be an asset to the Board: