The Ontario Rett Syndrome Assocation (O.R.S.A.) wishes to invite interested candidates to submit their application to join the O.R.S.A. Board of Directors in 2021. This is a great opportunity to start the new year off right: helping to achieve a better future for individuals affected by Rett syndrome and their families.
We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals whose experience and skill set includes a combination of the following:
- Grant writing
- Fundraising and special events
- Health policy development
- Public relations and communications
- Advocacy on a provincial/federal level
- Nonprofit, governance, management or administration experience
Application Deadline is December 31, 2020
Board Member Expectations:
- Support the organization’s mission, purpose, goals, policies, and programs while knowing its strengths and needs.
- Attend bi-monthly board meetings (via teleconference) and one or two in-person meetings throughout the year.
- Prepare for and participate actively in conference calls, telephone and email communications between these meetings as necessary.
- Serve actively on committees.
- Contribute to activities and events hosted by the organization whenever possible.
- Be fully apprised of O.R.S.A. policies and positions to serve as a spokesperson when requested and feasible.
- Suggest volunteers the board who have attributes and commitment to make significant contributions to the work of the O.R.S.A. and the progress of the organization.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.